Financial StrengthA.M. Best
We are a financially secure company, rated as Excellent (A-) by A.M. Best. An "Excellent" rating is assigned to companies with the ability to meet their ongoing obligations to policyholders. Coupled with a "Stable" outlook, we are recognized as having strong risk-adjusted capitalization, a conservative operating strategy and a long-standing market presence. Our strong capitalization is derived from moderate underwriting leverage, sound balance sheet liquidity and historically favorable loss reserve development.
A.M. Best acknowledges our improved enterprise risk management framework, which places greater emphasis on its risk management culture, corporate governance structure and risk assessment programs.
Financial Size Category: VIII
($100 million to $250 million - Adjusted Policyholders Surplus)
Effective Date: March 27, 2013
A.M. Best has issued in-depth reports and financial strength ratings for insurance organizations since 1899.
We have been selected as a "Super Regional" by Demotech, Inc. since 2007. In general, according to Demotech, a Super Regional Property/Causalty Insurer™ is an individual company writing multiple lines of insurance in multiple states.
Super Regional Criteria To select companies for the Super Regional Property/Casualty Insurer™ list, Demotech used objective qualifying criteria (at Dec. 31, 2011), including:
- Active, individual companies not under regulatory supervision;
- Reporting data to the NAIC using the property/casualty annual statement format;
- At least $1 million of direct premium written in each of two to 34 states;
- Less than 90% of Dec. 31, 2011 direct premium written in any one state;
- Less than 90% of Dec. 31, 2011 direct premium written in any one line of business;
- Policyholders surplus of at least $100 millions;
- Net premium written of at least $50 million;
- Direct premium written of at least $25 million;
CLICK HERE to register to make a payment.