AutoWhat to do after an auto accident?
- Immediately assess and manage any injuries
- Activate your hazard lights and move your
vehicle to a safe location out of the path of
traffic. If you can't drive and if you're
able, get out of the vehicle and move everyone
involved to a safe location.
- Contact the local authorities.
- Stay at the scene until the authorities
- Secure a police report number, if available,
and the responding officer's agency
(i.e. city, county or state).
- Obtain information from all parties involved
including: name, address, phone number, and
insurance carrier with a policy number. If
you can, obtain any witness information.
- Do not discuss the accident with anyone other
than the authorities.
- Report your claim immediately to your local
Columbia Insurance Group agent or the nearest
Columbia Insurance Group Claims Service Center.
CLICK HERE to register to make a payment.