Next Steps After Accident or Loss?
No matter how careful drivers may be, auto accidents are unexpected and put stress on your day and your life. We are committed to help you with the claims process. Immediately after the accident:
- Stay calm.
- If the accident is minor and the vehicle is drivable, move the vehicle to a safe location, out of traffic. Turn on your hazards.
- Check for injuries. If there are any or any questionable, call for an ambulance.
- No matter if you agree who is at fault or the seriousness of the accident, call the police.
- Be polite. Do not make statements about fault. State only facts.
- Exchange information with all drivers involved. Include name, address, phone number and insurance information. Take time to write down the other party’s type of vehicle and license plate information. Note where the damage is to the other vehicle(s) and the occupants of the vehicle(s).
- Take information from any witnesses you observe.
- Stay at the accident scene until you are released by the authorities.
- Call and report the accident to us or your independent insurance agent.
Property Loss Immediately after the Incident:
- Stay calm.
- Photograph the damages for your own records and inventories.
- Take reasonable precautions to protect your property from further damage and keep accurate records of what you spend doing “temporary repairs” or anything to keep your business operational.
- If this incident was result of a theft, call the police immediately.
- Contact us or your independent insurance agent.
Liability If someone files a claim against you, proceed as follows:
- Get as much information you can from the person making the accusation against you. Information about the incident, their name, address and phone number and any other relevant information will be helpful.
- Report the incident to us or your independent insurance agent. An adjuster will be in contact with your shortly to investigate the allegations and answer your questions.
Employee Injuries Once you have taken all steps to insure the safety of the employee and the surrounding area, report the injury promptly to us or your independent insurance agent. State statues hold all injury claims must be reported promptly.